Synesso on a quick220 - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
ira
Team HB

#11: Post by ira »

16 amps at 220V is 3500 watts which is about what my 2 group lever takes, hard to imagine a single group machine needing that much power. But I guess it's possible.

Ira

Compass Coffee

#12: Post by Compass Coffee replying to ira »

16A 220V is in fact the max draw spec for the duel boiler high performance Synesso MVP Hydra 1 group.
Mike McGinness

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by JohnB. »

First of all the U.S. is 120v/240v not 220v, so the least you should see is 230v (15.2A) at your breaker box even if you were way out in the country. If you're getting the full 240v into your breaker box then amperage would be 14.58A with that 3500 W draw.
LMWDP 267

ira
Team HB

#14: Post by ira »

Compass Coffee wrote:16A 220V is in fact the max draw spec for the duel boiler high performance Synesso MVP Hydra 1 group.
Wow, that's a lot of overkill. Seems like it's likely enough power to continuously steam 12oz lattes without having to turn off the steam between drinks.

Ira

Compass Coffee

#15: Post by Compass Coffee replying to ira »

The single group Synesso is designed to continuously pull shots and steam simultaneously non-stop with zero drop in performance. Call it overkill or call it top commercial single group performance. Overkill for home sure, but that's not it's intended primary market.
Mike McGinness

JerDGold

#16: Post by JerDGold »

shawndo wrote:no washer/dryer.
Oh the price we pay for espresso!

Synesso > Laundry

ira
Team HB

#17: Post by ira »

Compass Coffee wrote:The single group Synesso is designed to continuously pull shots and steam simultaneously non-stop with zero drop in performance. Call it overkill or call it top commercial single group performance. Overkill for home sure, but that's not it's intended primary market.
I do completely understand, I'm just surprised it takes that much power. I would have thought it would make more sense to make it work on a 15 amp circuit if it's intended to be a portable solution.

Ira

LukeFlynn

#18: Post by LukeFlynn »

FWIW, I don't think it's really meant to be portable.

Sure it's 1 group, but it's still pretty big.

I've never seen one out in the wild per se, but (in videos, etc) most of the 1 groups I've seen have been in offices.

boost

#19: Post by boost »

I agree Synessos are really built for commercial use. Even the one group is just a narrower version of their two and three group not scaled down like the slayer or gs3/Linea mini. It's probably the closest thing to one group Strada right now.
It will steam like a tank but if you don't need it you can always turn off half of the steam element and save about 1000W.