Italian vs American Espresso - Page 5

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chrsturbo

#41: Post by chrsturbo »

+1 on the ~2oz mason jars. I have a zip bag with breather and when I use up one lot I just put the next frozen one in the bag so it can slowly defrost at room temp and out gas without too much moisture. As to the Kimbo Napoletano still dialing it in but it's a bit of a dark and oily roast compared to Lavazza super crema which I have enjoyed for Italian style espresso.

peacecup

#42: Post by peacecup »

I bought 1 kg bags for years, although my new favorite comes in 500g packages. I typically open the kg bag, pour a weeks worth into a smaller container and quickly reseal the kg bag after squeezing out as much air as possible. Then both big and small storage bags go back in the freezer.

I notice a slight decline over life of the kg bag, but even the last shots are fine given I follow the above method.

It's also important, however, that the bags are properly sealed when purchased, and that the retailer rotates stock. Getting a bad kg, which happens occasionally, is a bummer.
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

IMAWriter

#43: Post by IMAWriter »

FotonDrv wrote:Very kind of you and yes, my roasting is a bit better than the one on every corner giant but I have had some roasts from fellow HB members that put the commercial guys to shame!
Just saw this thread. Thanks. :lol:
Seriously, knowing you, meeting you in Nashville, looking at your work online, I doubt there's anything you don't accomplish with extreme competency.