Pharos stand designed by Chert

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
nile24

#1: Post by nile24 »

I just to wanted to share my experience using one of Cherts designed Pharos stand. The Pharos is an awesome grinder and its more enjoyable when you can mount it down to a table. I was using mine with a bench dog until I got one of Cherts stands. I must say I am very happy with it as it makes grinding easier even with very lightly roasted beans and the best part is getting the ground out is a breeze. I empty it out onto a piece of paper then transfer using the aeropress funnel. I believe he might have a couple left so if you have a place to mount it I highly recommend it. Thanks for creating the stand Flint!

Advertisement
tamarian

#2: Post by tamarian »

Looks like you can slide a basket in to grind directly into?

Chert

#3: Post by Chert »

I bet it pairs quite nicely with that little manual machine in the background. Tim had a plastic bin he slid in there, but it had static issues. Thus the folded paper sheet, which is how I use it as well.
LMWDP #198

nile24 (original poster)

#4: Post by nile24 (original poster) »

pharos+67 cremina=bonkers espresso :D Good eyes on catching the knob in the background flint.
My experiment with the plastic bin ended quickly because of the extreme static. Im sure I can MacGyver something to dose directly into the basket but the paper method is simple, fast, effective, and clean so I don't really feel the need to create a different method to catch the ground.

[creative nickname]

#5: Post by [creative nickname] »

I find that a basket is too likely to wander away from the target zone when I bump the top of the stand to shake loose the grinds that are stuck inside the Pharos's funnel. I use a large plastic tray to catch the grinds, and then transfer from there to the basket using a funnel.
LMWDP #435