My favorite roasters so far - Page 6

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
LaMarzooka

#51: Post by LaMarzooka »

Late to the party, I've been working my way through the site's recommended 2015 roasters (Favorite Espressos 2015).

I can highly recommend Heart Roasters -- Stereo Seasonal Blend or Guatemala El Amate -- and Nossa Familia's Full Cycle. After going 2-for-2, I plan to order from Compass later this week.

Both Compass and Nossa Familia offer H-B discounts of 20%. Difficult to pass up if you ask me. :mrgreen:
Espresso or no go!

Tomtg (original poster)

#52: Post by Tomtg (original poster) replying to LaMarzooka »

Thanks! I will try both!

spressomon

#53: Post by spressomon »

Very much enjoying Monterey's (actually Seaside CA) Acme's Powerglide blend for tight cappuccinos (nutty, medium chocolate and well balanced/controlled stone fruit brightness). It has a wide sweet spot post roast; start pulling 7-ish days post roast out to 3-weeks and its tasty. For added kick I had some of their Ethiopian I blended lately into the PG @ ~33% and its just super too. And pricing is per pound...very good value IMO.
No Espresso = Depresso

weebit_nutty

#54: Post by weebit_nutty »

+1 on the Heart Stereo blend. It's just great. I order it every once in a while and it never fails to delight.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

Lacoffee

#55: Post by Lacoffee »

+1 nossa full cycle. Great big peanut butter milkshake in my cortados. Just tried it today for the first time. 4 days post roast. 16g in 32 out. 201. Really like the nuttiness and chocolate.
Andrew

delkat

#56: Post by delkat »

I visited the Nossa roastery/cafe in Portland last week. The guys there were great - super nice and even pulled shots for me to try a couple of blends during the busiest time in the morning. I'm a fan and love the Full Cycle!

cmin

#57: Post by cmin »

espressoonmymind wrote:I've got a 5lb of the Crema Dolce, will get a bag of Vesuvius next... good pricing, good non-acidic cup.
So I remembered a thread about this. Just ordered from them, Vesuvius. Too dark for me, lowered temp to 197 but still has a smoke/ashy taste though not as bad as when I had temp at 204 and it tasted like cigarette smoke lol. I would give their Crema Dolce a chance though as thats pry what I should have ordered.

rustybrewscoffee

#58: Post by rustybrewscoffee »

compellingrich wrote:George Howell and Temple are as good as it gets imho. Haven't tried Flight. I would recommend Klatch, SweetBloom, Novo, Papa Lin's, Heart, and Tim Wendelboe. It was a great Rwanda year, and I've had several outstanding Colombian lots.
i've been wanting to try Tim Wendelboe. I really regret not picking up a bag at BÚÐIN in Brooklyn while they had some stock. Next week they will have some beans in from Drop Coffee Roasters, so I'll at least get to pick up a box from them!

Jared

#59: Post by Jared »

Mountain Air Roasting is definitely one of my favorites. The price is great and the product is outstanding. I've been rotating lately to try different roasters, but I definitely will buy more again in the future.

moreshots

#60: Post by moreshots »

espressoonmymind wrote:enjoy these days Klatch Coffee, Extracto, Dragonfly, Paisley Road Roasters, but best cup I've had so far was from Screaming Beans in Amsterdam this summer. Talk about cocoa and was the biggest doubles I've seen. Made on a manual Mirage Idrocompresso the woman new how to pull down on that grip.
Second Klatch