Relief Valve Stuck After Descaling?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bdeboer

#1: Post by bdeboer »

Greetings all,

I have a Lelit PL62s. I descaled last night using Durgol Swiss - everything went according to plan, I flushed the machine thoroughly afterwards, brought the unit up to temperature/pressure, verified that everything was good, and shut down. Upon powering up this morning, the boiler relief valve appears to be stuck completely open - it's pumping steam into the reservoir like it's the machine's job. We're not talking weeping by, but fully open - it will not build any pressure.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

Hopefully, you forgot to reconnect the water level sensor wire on the top of the boiler.

If that be the case, you will need to syphon ABOUT 1-1/2 cups of water from the boiler and then let the autofill sensor set the proper level.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

bdeboer (original poster)

#3: Post by bdeboer (original poster) »

Unfortunately, that's not it - as I said, it was functioning completely properly last night after descaling/flushing. The only thing that happened between now and then is that it cooled all the way down.

Thanks, Brad

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

Sorry . . . I missed that.

The only obvious course would be to remove the safety valve and verify that it is, in fact, stuck open. From the pics I have seen on the 1st-line site, it appears that the valve can be disassembled and, perhaps then, a cause will be seen.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Flitzgordon

#5: Post by Flitzgordon »

Are there any updates on this?

Was told by manufacturers that running descalers through the pump does many damages and may not do a proper job