La Marzocco Strada Mini coming... - Page 6

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
roxtc

#51: Post by roxtc »

I was talking to the guys at idrinkcoffee and they all prefer the Linea Mini to the Vesuvius. Now that doesn't mean they are using the right pressure profiling but they didn't feel like it made a big enough difference and the Linea outperformed it in all other places.

If we all cared about performance vs cost, then we'd all own Breville DBs. I have nothing against people who buy them and I'm sure they're great most of the time. Just like how a stock Honda Civic Type R can beat a Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 around the Nürburgring but you aren't going to convince Lamborghini that they are nuts to charge three times the price of a Honda Civic Type R.

keno

#52: Post by keno replying to roxtc »

Did you mean to post this in this thread: La Marzocco Linea Mini worth additional cost over E61 double boiler espresso machine?

Seems to fit the context there better.

roxtc

#53: Post by roxtc »

keno wrote:Seems to fit the context there better.
No just wanted to address some price complaints. You get what you pay for.

michael

#54: Post by michael »

anyone hear anything more about a possible mini strada in the works 8)

boost

#55: Post by boost »

Pictures start to trickle out from the OOTB event.

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#56: Post by uscfroadie replying to boost »

Just as I predicted early on in this thread; it's a single group Strada. Absolutely nothing "Mini" about it. As soon as the pricing info comes out I'll see if I'm close there too.
Merle

boost

#57: Post by boost »

Compared to GS/3

Yeah, completely agree, looks like just one group Strada EP, I'm sure it will be priced accordingly.

michael

#58: Post by michael »

Anyone know the timing or the footprint size; never thought I was space constrained until I got into the coffee thing 8)

LukeFlynn

#59: Post by LukeFlynn »

Little bit too large for home use, but that's never stopped us before, I was hoping for a GS/3 size with that sexy strada body.

weebit_nutty

#60: Post by weebit_nutty »

boost wrote:Compared to GS/3

Yeah, completely agree, looks like just one group Strada EP, I'm sure it will be priced accordingly.
Thx for sharing.

Seems like a full fledged commercial single group. Definitely not too many homes can accommodate such a machine (nor do I think it was intended for). If so, I hope it comes with a stand! :lol: I would have to situate it in my workshop (covered of course)
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?