Online sources for pre-blended coffee greens?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
pcrussell50

#1: Post by pcrussell50 »

Need to be placing an order now or I will run out and be without espresso. Normally order from Sweet Maria's, and even the security troubles they had back in February are not enough to discourage me. BUT... I can't get through to their web site. Chrome is blocking it. Maybe they are under (cyber) attack? So maybe now is a good time to expand my horizons after nearly 10 years of roasting and only ever ordering online from SM?

Sooo... Who else sells espresso blends online that do well with light roasts and bright flavor?

-Peter
LMWDP #553

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

pcrussell50 wrote:...

Sooo... Who else sells espresso blends online that do well with light roasts and bright flavor?

-Peter
I too have had problems with Chrom/SweetMarias.

Take a look at Paradise's greens blends. Not sure which might fit your needs but I can speak to the quality offered out there. http://www.paradiseroasters.com/categor ... ed_Coffee/
-----
LMWDP #339

OldNuc

#3: Post by OldNuc »

Sweet Marias put up the new site July 4th and the security certificate check fails on the URL. Get a real browser such as FF and it will function after accepting the exception. you should be able to bypass the security warning in Chrome as well but I have no idea how as I refuse to allow google to harvest everything.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

I just got through to the new site using Chrome with no issues. Had to reset my password due to the site change but then logged in & was able to add items to my cart.
LMWDP 267

r.rowlan

#5: Post by r.rowlan »

I placed an order on July 4 with no trouble using Safari after excepting the exception. However, I have also had a good experience with Bodhi coffee. Same quality but a little more expensive than Sweet Maria's.

pcrussell50 (original poster)

#6: Post by pcrussell50 (original poster) »

JohnB. wrote:I just got through to the new site using Chrome with no issues. Had to reset my password due to the site change but then logged in & was able to add items to my cart.
Just now, I got through with Chrome, for the first time since yesterday afternoon... But I had already placed an order from Paradise Roasters about three hours ago, after a last minute check of SM had Chrome still blocking it. Yes, I know how to bypass Chrome's warning block. It's just that: (1) I was not comfortable having to do that (2) I had never tried anyone else and it was high time I did, just for my own personal growth/experience as a home roaster.

I ordered a couple of green blends, btw.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

gimpy

#7: Post by gimpy »

I have tried and like Bodka Coffee's Main Squeeze blend. Pretty new to espresso, so haven't tried any of the other websites, yet.

#8: Post by pcrussell50 (original poster) »

From this locked thread on Bodka's Main Squeeze espresso blend, it seems like it got very good reviews here on HB, back in 2013.

Bodka Coffee - Main Squeeze Espresso

Slight correction to the first poster in the thread who speculated this:
I received mine yesterday and have pulled four shots using the Astoria lever group. I went with David's recommendation (handwritten on the bag): "Try 16gr at 199deg for 24gr output" Hard to be sure, but I think my extraction temperature is pretty close to that on the lever. I would guess judging from the website that David is using a GS3 with it's temperature stability.
Small correction: the picture of the machine on Bodka's web site, showing the a sexy naked pour of Main Squeeze, is not a GS/3, but another Top Gun of temperature stability, the Breville Dual Boiler. Here: https://www.bodkacoffee.com/store/p15/M ... Blend.html Not that it matters much as they both Scace-out in the same league as one another, but still...

-Peter
LMWDP #553

Bodka Coffee

#9: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Actually that picture came from either a review or a customer, I can't remember. I have a La Era Nuova Cuadra and a commercial lever.

#10: Post by pcrussell50 (original poster) replying to Bodka Coffee »

Well, you chose a great, classic picture of espresso p0rn to market your blend. And prescient it is, that the machine in the picture also happens to be especially capable when it comes to the kind of temperature control it takes to follow your extraction advice.

-Peter
LMWDP #553