La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 36

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sluflyer06

#351: Post by sluflyer06 »

Hi can someone measure cup clearance on their mini? Height from the drip tray to the double spots and also to the rim of a bottomless please. I'm very curious and coming up dry on Google search, thank you!

ShelbiRyan

#352: Post by ShelbiRyan replying to sluflyer06 »

I was actually wondering the same thing, some clarification from an owner would be greatly appreciated.

kwantfm

#353: Post by kwantfm »

sluflyer06 wrote:Hi can someone measure cup clearance on their mini? Height from the drip tray to the double spots and also to the rim of a bottomless please. I'm very curious and coming up dry on Google search, thank you!
It's about 4.5" from drip tray to rim of bottomless and about 3" from drip tray to the bottom of the double spout portafilter.
LMWDP #602

sluflyer06

#354: Post by sluflyer06 replying to kwantfm »

Thank you.

pcrussell50

#355: Post by pcrussell50 »

Quoting myself from back in July...
pcrussell50 wrote: I have pretty high hopes that someone will hack out a proper digital interface for the PID...snip...
-Peter
Well, that didn't take long: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ9S-gdjRmw/

I just knew something like this^^^ had to come along sooner than later.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

mania

#356: Post by mania »

pcrussell50 wrote:Quoting myself from back in July...

Well, that didn't take long: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ9S-gdjRmw/

I just knew something like this^^^ had to come along sooner than later.

-Peter
Actually has been out for about 6 months eh?
I remember reading about it on Coffee Snobs back in March when a member had it done.

Only thing that puzzles a bit is why someone spends $4500 for a machine that obviously is not what they want ?
Then will spend more to mod it into what they want?
Surely what they want exists at this price point already no?

chrisbodnarphoto

#357: Post by chrisbodnarphoto replying to mania »

Sadly it doesn't. The machine + mod at $5500 make it perform extremely close to a Slayer 1gr at $8500. For a machine (the LMLM) that seems to have incredible temp stability, high build quality, and a mechanical paddle with needle valve + pre-infusion chamber you really can't find anything near capability-wise without jumping significantly in price ... And some would argue not at all.

sluflyer06

#358: Post by sluflyer06 »

Well, count me in. I've got a white linea mini on the way from Chris's coffee. Truck is arriving Friday. One of my friends called dibs on my vetrano 2B already, so that was easy. I can't wait, I love the simple effectiveness. My wife already ordered LM's walnut knockbox and a couple bar towels for fun.

Beezer

#359: Post by Beezer »

Congratulations, and welcome to the club. It's a great machine.
Lock and load!

sluflyer06

#360: Post by sluflyer06 replying to Beezer »

Got it all setup and pulled 4 shots on it and steamed a capp after adjusting steam boiler back up to 2bar. Dwell time is about 5 seconds vs 8 on my vetrano so about the tweak to the grind for a tad shorter pull time and great results.

I'm a little shocked after how quiet everyone says the mini is, its much louder than my vetrano 2b when the pump is running. I don't have any cup rattle, it sounds like vibrations from the pump in general.