La Marzocco GS/3 Home Setup (pics)

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Javierati

#1: Post by Javierati »

Hello there,

I would like to create a new topic just for La Marzocco GS/3 owners to post their home setups pictures. I have compiled a nice set of pictures from what I found on google, but I thought I could get better pictures here, especially if you have a customized GS/3. I am not as fortunate as many of you who live on the west coast and near espresso shops were you can go and experience the machines first hand. My decision to buy one will be purely on all the research I have done on this HB website and on the pictures I gathered online.

Just to give you an idea of how I am doing my analysis of whether it looks good or not on my counter... today I cut an old box into the dimensions of the GS/3 and set the pieces of dusty cardboard on the kitchen counter... this lasted just a few minutes before I had to stop when I got "the look" from my wife... I only had the Height, Width and Depth measurements to go by... if only I had the whole set of measurements I would probably recreated a cardboard GS/3.

Well, I hope you all GS/3 fans like the idea of a picture thread and help me out on this one...

Thanks!!!

Javier

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

When you get the machine (and seriously, we all know you will), put a pair of googly eyes on the side so that when you make coffee the machine can give your wife "the look."
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Javierati (original poster)

#3: Post by Javierati (original poster) replying to Randy G. »

LOL :roll:

You are right. I am going to get it shortly. I just want to see different setups and modifications that people do to them. I have a couple of months of wait time still so ... in the mean time ... pictures and cardboard is what I have... hahaha

LATrapp

#4: Post by LATrapp »

Let's see a pic of that cardboard GS/3!

shawndo

#5: Post by shawndo »

It might take days (or hours) depending on how extreme you are, but I went through every page of this thread and bookmarked my favorites. Lots of GS/3s on there

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

cebseb

#6: Post by cebseb »

If you have an Instagram account, follow Specht Design (Dan Specht in Melbourne). He does AMAZING things with machines and a majority of them are GS3s. That would be all the inspiration you need.

canuckcoffeeguy

#7: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Here's a Google image search of Home Barista for GS/3 related pics:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Gs/3+Gs ... CAkQ_AUoAw

Javierati (original poster)

#8: Post by Javierati (original poster) »

cebseb wrote:If you have an Instagram account, follow Specht Design (Dan Specht in Melbourne). He does AMAZING things with machines and a majority of them are GS3s. That would be all the inspiration you need.
Thank you. I was looking at his work this morning and he does have some beauties. Thanks for the contact.

Anyone knows how hard or easy would it be to go from stainless steel to colored (black or white) panels on the GS3? How much would it cost to go from one to another?

cebseb

#9: Post by cebseb replying to Javierati »

Powder coating you mean? For the size of the GS3, it would be between $200 to $400 depending on the company you use. For example, my Mistral cost $400 to powder coat and it has about 3 times the surface area a gs3 has. Just make sure that the whomever you choose to do the job knows that your panels should not be sandblasted to avoid warping.

The wood adornments are going to be the biggest investments aesthetically. At least $80 for wood caps, $50 for portafilter handles. $200 for the wood panels. And maybe some knobs here and there. Those are all base prices. There's also the wait time.

LukeFlynn

#10: Post by LukeFlynn replying to cebseb »

Just a note on the PF handles, EspressoParts sells them for about 30 bucks(ish) a piece, they will install them too. That said, their selection is limited..