Piese by piece cleaning of a HX espresso machine

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Decadurabolin

#1: Post by Decadurabolin »

Hello.
I'm not new to the coffee domain but i have some questions regarding the proper cleaning, piece by piece, of a HX machine, more exactly a Metalnova Vetrano, later known as Quick Mill Vetrano, only with some modifications ( like the pump for example ).
I will post some pictures with the inside of the machine and with a small legend ( please correct me if i wrote something wrong in it ).
What i want to do is to dismantle the machine and clean it piece by piece.
I bought the machine from someone that didn't inspire confidence that the machine was properly used and cleaned in time.
If you have the time, please share some info about the steps of the dismantle, with what pieces to be gentle, what to open and what to let as is etc.
So far i've completely cleaned the inside of a Gaggia Classic, but of course that's much simpler than this HX machine.
I guess that the general idea is to free the boiler room from the rest of the pieces and to get the heating element out of it so i could check the inside for scale buildup.
I already cleaned the group head to this Metalnova and the signs weren't encouraging. That's the reason i decided to go ahead with the cleaning process.
I know that scale can also buildup in the boiler room, on the heating element, in the OPV and the solenoid valve, also into the pipes.
I will use citric acid ( lemon salt ) for the cleaning process. I generally use about 40-60 grams / liter of lemon salt to prepare the cleaning solution.
Thank you.