Faemina knockbox on ebay.it

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Marcelnl

#1: Post by Marcelnl »

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Faema-Faemina-ba ... 1928949836

Pricey but they appear to come from the famous enrico maltoni collection, and there are two available...

LMWDP #483

kaldi61

#2: Post by kaldi61 »

They look sweet, but that's some serious coin.
-Nelson

LMWDP #506 "It's not just for breakfast anymore."

Advertisement
doubleOsoul

#3: Post by doubleOsoul »

They are from Enrico's collection. I've had some conversations with him about it. (No price latitude by the way - I tried).

grog

#4: Post by grog »

They've cycled through three postings at that price. I guess he isn't what you would call a motivated seller.
LMWDP #514

Marcelnl (original poster)

#5: Post by Marcelnl (original poster) »

Just noticed that my suspicion is confirmed, they are replicas which does make me feel much better not buying one but I still would like one......imo they are asking a steep price for a replica even though they appear to be made from presspour aluminium, not sure about the cover on the bar...one seems smooth and the other one grooved :?:

Think I'll watch this one and may jump with a bid at the very end just for the heck of curiosity..

Thing is, I could have lived with 150€ if it was a genuine one in good nick and it would match my red label first series machine (think they also made several types of knockboxes for the Faemina but never got that really clear)
For a replica that does not seem to be chrome plated like the base of the first series it's definitely too much.
LMWDP #483

kaldi61

#6: Post by kaldi61 »

I know it was made to be placed right in front, but for those of you that have one - is that a good arrangement for work-flow? Do you want your knock-box right there, nestled into the rounded area of the base?

My OE slapshot fits there too, although it doesn't hook to the base.
-Nelson

LMWDP #506 "It's not just for breakfast anymore."

#7: Post by Marcelnl (original poster) »

As I can hardly speak of a workflow making two perhaps three doubles at a time the matching set would appeal me more than my potential issues with workflow ;-)
Still I think that the original setup can work well enough.
LMWDP #483

Advertisement
spiffy

#8: Post by spiffy »

That listing always makes my heart skip a little whenever I come across it. It takes me a moment to realize/remember that the price is for the knock box not the pristine Faemina.

#9: Post by Marcelnl (original poster) »

Yeah, My heart skipped a beat too...also because I did not know what battimente meant...

Would be the find of the century, a complete series one in pristine condition for under a thousand, someone wake me up pls...
LMWDP #483