Who got the Faema Velox? (eBay) - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
doubleOsoul

#11: Post by doubleOsoul »

channo wrote:<image>
Hello
Original Faema diagram spare, Veloxtermo a muro.

Hello Channo (my new BFF) ... ROTFL.
Thank you for posting.

zeb

#12: Post by zeb »

First time I saw this picture it was from a Spanish web site. The guy wanted 2000€ for the machine... I wouldn't be surprised the machine didn't sell, and the guy made a fake bid to raise the price.

I think that differences are only because it is from Faema Spain. Perhaps even Made in Barcelona.

doubleOsoul

#13: Post by doubleOsoul »

zeb wrote:First time I saw this picture it was from a Spanish web site. The guy wanted 2000€ for the machine... I wouldn't be surprised the machine didn't sell, and the guy made a fake bid to raise the price.

I think that differences are only because it is from Spain. Perhaps even Made in Barcelona.

Wow, thanks for the heads up Pascal.

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#14: Post by TomC (original poster) »

zeb wrote:First time I saw this picture it was from a Spanish web site. The guy wanted 2000€ for the machine... I wouldn't be surprised the machine didn't sell, and the guy made a fake bid to raise the price.

I think that differences are only because it is from Spain. Perhaps even Made in Barcelona.

I did some image searches to see if it was from somewhere else, but everything led back to his eBay ad. I noted before I even saved it in my search results that this guy has "sold" 2 other collectible vintage lever espresso machines, but one of those listings were removed after it ended (with bids) and relisted. There's no feedback from a buyer of one of the espresso machines either. The generally accepted "buyer beware" applies.

But I do know he has them. I had him send me a photo of the back with my eBay user name, date, etc written on a piece of paper next to it, before I even considered bidding on it. I sorta assumed some might mistakenly think it was going to actually ship free, like most of his listing describes, except for in the comment section, and bid higher as a result. Once it passed $1300, I lost interest.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Paul_Pratt

#15: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Pardon me for being the odd one out but I think it was a great machine, price a little high of course but it looked to be very original, maybe even a 1st series judging by the unusual tamper attachment. Probably missing a basket for the photo hence the portafilter locking in too far. They take normal portafilters anyway, only the curved group takes a different portafilter.

doubleOsoul

#16: Post by doubleOsoul »

Glad for the input from Tom and Paul. I'll find one.