Astoria Argenta SAE 2 Help!

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
TheLoneStar

#1: Post by TheLoneStar »

A brief intro, I'm Graham and currently I am studying language overseas until this coming summer. My wife and I have always dreamt of opening our own Café and are VERY slowly starting to take steps toward that in the next couple of years. I've been hunting a light commercial machine that could be feasibly used at home as well as on a truck or for a pop-up, as well as something cheap that would be a project. This morning I bought a (not) gently used Astoria SAE 2 Argenta. It was an eBay bid that I got for less than $300 and it definitely needs some work.

I'd like to find some information on it, and have searched extensively but haven't quite found what I'm looking for.
1. Can anyone help me with an approximate manufacture year? Or possibly a user/owner's manual?

The ID tag reads :
NF: 166769
M: 2.6 Kw
V: 220160

So Obviously the power consumption and voltage are obvious, but can a manufacture year be gleaned from the NF number? I don't know if this machine is considered an "Older Solenoid Group" or "Modern Solenoid Group" when looking for parts on EspressoParts.

2. The left side of the case looks to have an inboard pump and motor! I was under the assumption that these machines used outboard pump/motor. Am I wrong?

3. Any general advice on this machine? I am planning to strip entirely, descale and acid soak, and re-wire if necessary.

Here are a few more for anyone who is interested!