Electrical Questions - Rocket Espresso/Nuova Era

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
luis84

#1: Post by luis84 »

Hi Guys & Gals,

I am installing a new heating element into my Nuova Era Cuadra. It's almost identical to a Rocket Giotto. I have opened these before and usually there are 2 wires that connect to the heating element. In my case though I have 3? I have no idea why or what to do with it. If you look at the attached pictures, three wires can be seen, two blue and a brown. One of the brown and one of the blue appear to be inputs, this looks pretty normal. However, the secondary blue seems to go to a relay board? I am not sure how to connect these. Would I put the two blues together on the same terminal of the heating element and the brown on the other? Does anybody have any idea. Thanks.

Here is the blue wire that seems to goto a relay:

Here are two that I am familiar with:

This is where the primary blue wire comes from:

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

Your new heating element likely has male spade terminals. Personally, I would try to locate a male/female spade adaptor to which I would drill a hole and attach the original LNEC connectors with "nuts and bolts".

Of course, you can cut the ring terminals and crimp on an appropriate female spade but that can be a little tricky depending upon your skill level.

In any event, the old wires should eventually connect to the new heating element just as they did to the old element.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

luis84 (original poster)

#3: Post by luis84 (original poster) »

EricS yes I found adapters, I can handle that. What I am not sure about is .... if you look there are 2 blue wires and 1 brown.

Do I put the two blue wires together on one terminal and the blue on the other? Someone else took the machine apart and I am not sure where the wires go exactly.

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

Do I put the two blue wires together on one terminal and the blue on the other?
Yes - assuming the machine operated satisfactorily for some lengthy period with the old heating element.

I'm sure you meant to say "brown on the other".
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

luis84 (original poster)

#5: Post by luis84 (original poster) »

Hello yes sorry! And yes it worked fine before... :-) thank you sorry for the typo