Rancilio Z11/LE machine for mobile coffee van - help!

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
baristaboy

#1: Post by baristaboy »

Hi all!

I have found a Rancilio Z11/LE dual fuel espresso machine. I plan on using it in a mobile coffee van. Does anybody here have any information on these machines, their age, their reputation, the size of the boiler is also really important if anybody knows this? I can't seem to find ANYTHING about them online so any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks very much :)

phillip canuck

#2: Post by phillip canuck »

This will probably get more traction in the Levers forum...it is a lever, right?

You can find all the schematics for your machine here...
http://www.cafeparts.com/listCategories ... oryID=2815

And here is an HB restored 3-group Z11 LE
Lever Espresso Machine Gallery

-phillip

phillip canuck

#3: Post by phillip canuck »

Somewhat amusingly, Rancilio seems to have scrubbed ALL of their online Z11 LE information (and Z9 LE) for that matter. Indeed, according to their website they don't seem to be selling any levers at the moment. Internet Archive to the rescue! You can find all the old material here that you need...
https://web.archive.org/web/20110208044 ... language=3

-phillip

dhb

#4: Post by dhb »

You still get a new Lever from Rancilio. The actual model is the classe7 Leva.

I don't know why the size of a boiler matters, but the 3 groups have something like a 16liter boiler capacity.
Remember not all of that is water :wink: I have a few Rancilio's Z and L series. They are good commercial machines,
easy to work on, especially the levers. All relevant parts are still easy av.

Having a lever, makes cleaning alot easier, as you don't backflush at the end of the day. It produces outstanding espresso. When it comes to coffee I suggest classic dark roasted coffee. If you plan to offer light roasted coffee, I suggest getting another machine. I'm not sayin it can't be done on a lever, but it's easier on different kind of machine.
Dirk
LMWDP #430

Espresso is simple, just not easy.

dhb

#5: Post by dhb »

Phillips Internet graveyard link doesn't work for me, however I found the Z11use and maintenance guide in my emails.
If still in need drop me an pm with your email, and I send it to you.
Dirk
LMWDP #430

Espresso is simple, just not easy.