La Marzocco GS3 MP grouphead leaking after o-ring rebuild? - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
erics
Supporter ★

#11: Post by erics »

Pra - this is an old post and I was just posting that pic as an "add-on". I believe the original problem is solved.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

boost

#12: Post by boost »

Haha, didnt see that. BTW since we are talking about the MP, I heard awhile back there will be upgraded O rings that would last longer, is it available yet?

twolane

#13: Post by twolane replying to boost »

Yep. They changed the orings a while back (1+ years?) now to extend the service life from 3 months to more like 6. I am not aware if there is another update coming down the pike however.

caffeinezombie

#14: Post by caffeinezombie »

Since we're on the topic on rebuilding, How does the lower portion of B2012R come off to access the last H1010 o-ring?

I didn't see it being removed in the LM video and it doesn't really seem to budge, so am wondering if I'm not applying enough force or if there's a different way of getting it off.

boost

#15: Post by boost replying to caffeinezombie »

It's just have threaded part to the group head, on AV this would be just copper tube with fitting screwed in. Just use big enough socket. See picture below

erics
Supporter ★

#16: Post by erics »

Pra - Beautiful pic !

I have updated the previous drawing to reflect the fact that there are different part numbers for those "nuts".
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

caffeinezombie

#17: Post by caffeinezombie »

Thanks Pra!

Any idea what size it is on the MP so I can pick it up before the next time I open mine for servicing?