Gaggia MDF - "absolute zero" - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
day

#11: Post by day »

Broken in. I couldnt get my v60 dialed and then after about 2 months my settings had to shift drastically and i got control...unless I was doing something wrong-i was also improving my pouring technique, but it seemed a pretty drastic shift.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

fede99123 (original poster)

#12: Post by fede99123 (original poster) replying to day »

A few days ago I change the coffee ( chiapas mexico ) for roasted blend here, very fresh, and another single origin from Peru. And thats the problem! I should have started around here, changing the coffee.
I guess that Mexico roast was very old, when i raised up the lever the coffee flow so quickly through the coffee cake. :?
Actually I had no problems with ground , even at level 2 if i tamp with great force i can choke machine. Now Its not necessary use the grinder so near to zero point. The burrs can run more freely now
At the moment I 'm taking the best shots from long ago.
Thanks for help! for the moment i will leave de stepless mod for the future.

Advertisement
day

#13: Post by day »

Actually it might be the perfect time to get the stuff for it. You have a bean working well at step 2 and that may allow a bit of time to enjoy the pavoni while shopping for the necessary parts. No reason at all it should exceed 10 dollars, mine was just a couple of dollars, but finding something with the correct diameter opening that will offer enough resistance, or ordering the plug online, may take some time depending on availability. It will even help with pourover, but there is no doubt you will eventually need it for espresso.

Also, if you havent, it is critical imo to city off the finger gaurd and get some cheap antistatic brushes to clean out the old grinds from the chute.

I got something similar to this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00880BAJ ... d0_g328_i1
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone