Asheville, NC possibly next weekend anyone?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
day

#1: Post by day »

Well, i have to head to spartanburg next weekend and am thinking to drive up to Asheville and meet my friend that also likes to roast and is real green with coffee in general (just got his first burr, infinity) i am trying to decode of its worth taking up my pavoni, roasting equipment, pharos and base, etc

Then i thought, maybe some others would like to meet up too. Could just meet at a cafe, or somewhere and make drinks or even do a cupping of some home roasts. Let me know of anyone is around and interested. A different weekend is possible too.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

jbviau
Supporter ★

#2: Post by jbviau »

Maybe you could connect with Marshall?

This reminds me that we're overdue to visit my parents, who live in Waynesville, NC (a little west of Asheville). Hoping to make it out this summer.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

day (original poster)

#3: Post by day (original poster) »

I actually sent him a pm when I first saw him, that was what got me thinking.

If you have free time during that summer trip we can always make a better planned effort and see if it develops, so let us know

Felice

#4: Post by Felice »

It looks like you've likely come and gone but I live in Asheville and am looking for folks that are interested in home roasting. I'm sure Marshall's swell but at this point all I could do for him would be offer to carry his jock. Anyhow, if there's anyone in WNC that wants to get together and ruin some beans, shoot me a PM.

day (original poster)

#5: Post by day (original poster) »

Felice wrote:I'm sure Marshall's swell but at this point all I could do for him would be offer to carry his jock.
exactly how I feel. be more of an "I would need to pay him to hang out and roast with us" type of situation :) PM sent.