Help! Quickmill Anita's loud vibrating noise

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
swelter00

#1: Post by swelter00 »

Hello! I have a Quick Mill Anita, and she is not happy again. A few years back I replaced the pump, and I suspect this may be needed again, but her symptoms are different:

I turned her on this morning, water was low so she made the loud vibrating noise. I filled up the reserve tank right away, usually that loud noise goes away, but not this morning. I took the back off to inspect if anything was out of order, but visually everything looks good (aside from some overdue cleaning). I left her on for a while, and while stepping away to check something else, and I heard she went silent, so I checked and both lights were off, though she was still in On, and the water was not being taking into the pump. I suspect she isnt taking any water into the pump.

Any thoughts on what to check next? Maybe the pump is out? The pressure has been consistent up until now, so no other signs signaling failure.

Thanks in advanced for all your help!

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

The reservoir must be inserted into its support in order for the float with imbedded magnet to activate (close) the switch mounted on the reservoir support metal. That is the reason that both lights went out.

Put the reservoir support back in place with the reservoir in place. You could always try injecting a little water into the pump's suction line using a "turkey baster" but I have never found this necessary.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

swelter00 (original poster)

#3: Post by swelter00 (original poster) »

Thanks for the tip Erics! I didn't realize that detail, that was the trick to getting it to take in the water again. Glad that was a simple overseight on my part. The noise seems to have stopped too when I turned it on yesterday, so I think maybe it just needed a day off!