A quick video - how to make an espresso

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cebseb

#1: Post by cebseb »

My buddy Chris and I are VERY into photography and he came over the other day with some new toys. Videography toys.

We had little to no experience in moving pictures but we decided to wing it. He did pretty much all the work while I just pulled shot after shot trying to dial in some single origin beans another friend brought over (I failed). I thought the final product turned out quite well for his first attempt (!) so I thought I would share.
Please don't mind the poor examples of extractions. he didn't know any better. Ha!

Sebastian.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Nice glass. I couldn't remember if Canon made a 17-40 2.8L or just a 17-40 4L, so I had to look it up. Pretty shocked at the incredible price increases on top tier lenses nowadays. Looks like most L series lenses are at least 30% more than what they were just a few years ago. But that's getting off topic, so back to espresso...

Was this a dry run at another video showing how to pull a shot? It's all pretty, lighting wise and good music but the title doesn't jive with what's coming out of the portafilter :|

A very affordable 2 group Linea just popped up for sale locally. I was almost tempted to pick up another project myself.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

cebseb (original poster)

#3: Post by cebseb (original poster) »

TomC wrote:Nice glass. I couldn't remember if Canon made a 17-40 2.8L or just a 17-40 4L, so I had to look it up. Pretty shocked at the incredible price increases on top tier lenses nowadays. Looks like most L series lenses are at least 30% more than what they were just a few years ago. But that's getting off topic, so back to espresso...
Prices on glass have slowly crept up across the board on all major manufacturers for the past few years now. There is 1 notable exception though... Leica. Who would thunk?!?!
Was this a dry run at another video showing how to pull a shot? It's all pretty, lighting wise and good music but the title doesn't jive with what's coming out of the portafilter :|
Please pardon my embarrasment. The shots were a very poor example, but to be honest, way better than what the majority of what we were getting that day. I promise to post another video with proper results and eye candy.
A very affordable 2 group Linea just popped up for sale locally. I was almost tempted to pick up another project myself.
DO IT.

LukeFlynn

#4: Post by LukeFlynn »

I just have to ask, roast date? :) That is one sexy beast of a linea, just out of sheer interest.. what baskets are you using?

I wonder, do you typically get odd extractions out of that grinder? I know that Matt Perger also used the EK-43 in competition and developed the nutation technique to banish problems with using the EK-43 as an espresso grinder. I could just be talking though, I personally noticed no taste difference between a nutated tamp, and a non-nutated tamp.. although, it was a nicer looking extraction.