Kong Coffee Brewer (Kickstarter) - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
kaldi61

#11: Post by kaldi61 »

It is a good video - he comes off very sincere, that this particular way of making coffee really does it for him. I get it. Jungle coffee can be tasty. I am a big fan of Turkish, and that's as unfiltered as it gets. That's part of the appeal.

It's a pretty 'green' way of making coffee. No nuthin but the glass. Sort of like my vac pot with a cory rod, although that's a filtered brew and requires a heat source. Not a bad way to make coffee on the road. Not if you are traveling but if you are in one place for a while. No filters, just a small electric kettle, grinder, beans, and you're off to the races.
-Nelson

LMWDP #506 "It's not just for breakfast anymore."

IMAWriter

#12: Post by IMAWriter »

kaldi61 wrote: but if I pony up cash for anything right now, it's going to have massive conical burrs the size of a small country.
:lol:

yakster
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by yakster »

I picked up a bunch of Ikea Pokal 5 oz glass tumblers for cupping, $3 per six pack. Not seeing this work 240x a glass tumbler and a spoon.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Bob_McBob

#14: Post by Bob_McBob »

The value is you can pour off all the brewed coffee without spooning it out or agitating the sediment in any way because it's instantly plugged off by the stopper. I actually find this much more interesting as a coffee brewer than a cupping device. I wouldn't spend $120 on it, though.
Chris

yakster
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by yakster »

Ah, yeah it really helps if you watch the video, I totally missed the stopper part. That did make it more interesting as a brewer.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272