Cimbali M21 Junior problem: green light blinks endlessly

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
urido

#1: Post by urido »

Hi.
In the morning the machine is switched on automatically. When I approached it the yellow light was on, indicating missing water. I filled the water tank but since then the green light blinks endlessly and the machine stays cold.
I tried to switch off and on but it won't help.
Any Idea what is wrong with the machine?

moenchehof

#2: Post by moenchehof »

Hi :-)

I have a very similar issue today.

Did you find out, what problem your Junior had?

I really would appreciate your answer.

Torsten

kmw

#3: Post by kmw »

The owners manual says:
When the yellow indicator light (8) lights up, fill the reservoir up to the maximum level.
If this operation is delayed, the safety device is activated and the coffee preparation procedure suspended.
I don't have this machine, but my guess would be to check the safety thermostat? Check the Disassembly section.

If that doesn't fix it, the manual also says "Machine cold, lamp (12) flashes. - Call service technician" I'd call someplace local (or find an online number) and see if they've heard of the problem before.

urido (original poster)

#4: Post by urido (original poster) »

Well, the solution for the problem was to press the safety thermostat switch.
You were right.
Funny thing is that I'm running into the same problem now, 8 month later, and pressing the switch does not help. This time the machine was working properly when suddenly the green light started to blink and the yellow one was lit. Maybe I need to wait for the machine to cool down and only then press the switch ?!

gor

#5: Post by gor »

Why not replace the switch? It is only around 30 bucks