Cuvee Coffee, La Famiglia? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
BuckleyT

#11: Post by BuckleyT »

pumpkinscastle wrote: I am surprised, however, that there are so many critical voices about Cuvee. In my experience, they're anal about their quality. They once even sent me a roast log when I had a question about their coffee.
Yes, but there is a difference between 'being anal' and producing 'good sh**". (Sorry. Couldn't resist.) The fact that you 'had a question' about their roast parameters tells me a little something.

Admittedly, Cuvee fills a valued niche in the coffee world, but I am just a square peg in relation to its round hole (more disgusting allusions...:oops: )

@ F1:
Hayes Valley by Blue Bottle is recommended at 207 deg. It gives a supremely good and flexible cup in my set up. High infusion temps is not a bar to most machines, except for me now - I moved to Albuquerque where water boils at 202 deg. No more Hayes, :( but I found my local go-to roast :D .

B

pumpkinscastle

#12: Post by pumpkinscastle »

BuckleyT wrote:The fact that you 'had a question' about their roast parameters tells me a little something.
B
I guess you're on to something. I had a question about their Medici blend once as I was getting nothing but tobacco-ashen flavors with my Super Jolly. They replied promptly and took the time to advise me of their preferred brewing parameters.
It was also the time when I switched over to the HG one and noticed a huge improvement of this particular coffee. Even so, the tobacco notes were eventually off-putting to me (although, in all fairness, they mentioned them in their description).

I will still say that their San Jose Ocana has been among my all-time favorites. It truly is an exceptional coffee.