La San Marco Sprint 95e Break down and Rebuild

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
k_keune

#1: Post by k_keune »

Hi all!!

As you all probably know, I am a total newbie to the site. I am also a newbie to being a home barista. My goal is actually to be a home barista but in order to do so I must rebuild my espresso machine. I have a La San Marco Sprint 95e, acquired through an old boss who runs a coffee shop. Now I bit the bullet and tore this thing down to the bare bones. The frame is repainted and I am in the process of soaking all of the tubing and boiler in citric acid. However I have no idea how long to soak or how to clean after the soak. I have been using a dremel tool with a brass brush bit and slowly going over everything external to shine it up. I think there has to be an easier way, and not to mention the internal cleaning of the copper tubing. Overall, I am lost in my endeavor to rebuild this machine. I was hoping someone in the community could give a thorough breakdown of how to go about refurbishing a machine. Tips and tricks recommended!! I appreciate it and hope to be more involved in the community once I can get some experience underneath my belt.

Thanks,
Kenny