89 Livietta Needing New Water Tank

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
zrieser

#1: Post by zrieser »

I am in dire need!!! I brought a Livietta back to life a few years ago. I just found that the water tank started leaking (there were some crazing in the tank when I got it).

Does anyone know where I can find a new tank for my old school Livietta?

It is my only espresso machine and French press just doesn't quite do it for me.

Zev

flathead1

#2: Post by flathead1 »

Hate to say it but I think you're in for a long search.
Two recommendations, Olympia's US rep is Cerini in New York. Try contacting them, they do refurbs and may have the tank. Who knows maybe the current tank fits an older machine.
Second, look into Food Safe silicon sealant. Can you identify where the leak is coming from?

Good luck.
A Lever and a place to stand ...

LMWDP #152

cannonfodder
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder »

Most of these pro-sumer type machines are all made from the same parts. Just measure the tank, get with someone like Stefano, ChrisCoffee, EPWNW, 1st-Line and see if they have a tank with the same dimensions or slightly smaller. You could also plumb it in or just take the silicone tube that goes into the water tank and drop it into a pitcher of water you keep beside the machine.
Dave Stephens

zrieser (original poster)

#4: Post by zrieser (original poster) »

That is a good point... I am going to see if I can find another machine with the same/ or close dimensions for the water reservoir. The issue I have is the tank is bottom fill rather than a hose dropped in the top.....

On that note... does anyone know about converting a reservoir that feeds the pump from the bottom to a drop in hose from the top... is it just a matter of connecting a different hose?

russel

#5: Post by russel »

Routing the Livietta's pump feed from the bottom of the tank to a longer hose running over the top edge of the tank is really easy, you just swap the short hose fedding the pump with a long one.

My understanding is that the current stainless steel tank from the Maximatic will fit the vintage Olympia Maxi/Coffex/Livietta machines. I think Drgary may be able to confirm this, or the OE folks. It's a really expensive part, so I'm sure other M/C/L owners, myself included, would love to hear about it if you can find a plastic alternative.
russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com