Is preinfusion a feature of all E61 groups? - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
neutro (original poster)

#21: Post by neutro (original poster) »

HB wrote: That's normal. The onboard brew gauge is tee'd after the pump and before the gicleur in the grouphead, not the brewhead itself, so it shows the pump pressure. If you want an actual brew chamber pressure reading, you'll need a portafilter with a pressure gauge (Scace 2 thermofilter or DIY version) or an E61 adapter and gauge fitted to the grouphead, similar to the E61 thermocouple adapter Eric Svendson [erics] sells.
[slapping myself on the forehead]

*of course*

waroros

#22: Post by waroros »

neutro wrote:I think this is entirely dependent on grind. I think the goal would be the have the first drops under 5s on any machine, right?
My point is, my brewtus 3, there is an obvious passive preinfusion. Pressure ramp up to around 5-7 bars and wait there for 1-2 seconds, before ramp up to 9 bars. However, profitec 700 ramps up to 9 bar nearly immediately. That leads to differences in time before first drop of coffee.

I don't think everyone have a common goal of get the first drop under 5s. This will depend on how quick your machine ramp up pressure.
Let's get it slayed

waroros

#23: Post by waroros »

HB wrote:That's normal. The onboard brew gauge is tee'd after the pump and before the gicleur in the grouphead, not the brewhead itself, so it shows the pump pressure. If you want an actual brew chamber pressure reading, you'll need a portafilter with a pressure gauge (Scace 2 thermofilter or DIY version) or an E61 adapter and gauge fitted to the grouphead, similar to the E61 thermocouple adapter Eric Svendson erics sells.
Thank for your clarification.
Let's get it slayed