ECM Technika IV won't heat up - need help - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
erics
Supporter ★

#11: Post by erics »

In addition, replace the upper portion of your vacuum breaker valve with the upper portion of this:

Add this to the barbed fitting:

Attach the appropriate silicone hose and lead this back to your reservoir.

Pics courtesy of Stefano's Espressocare and you would be wise to make the purchase from him.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

blownaway (original poster)

#12: Post by blownaway (original poster) »

erics wrote:In addition, replace the upper portion of your vacuum breaker valve with the upper portion of this:

<image>

Attach the appropriate silicone hose and lead this back to your reservoir.

Pics courtesy of Stefano's Espressocare and you would be wise to make the purchase from him.
Are you recommending this so the modified breaker valve mentioned above does not spray water onto nearby wires?

erics
Supporter ★

#13: Post by erics »

With a grain of salt . . . yes.

This machine, if I remember correctly, has a heating element rated at 1200 watts. Given the size of the boiler, that would make for a relatively long vacuum breaker "spewing" time. But, in any event, the vacuum breaker mod is a 5 minute operation and puts the water where it belongs.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

blownaway (original poster)

#14: Post by blownaway (original poster) »

Problem solved. Had new wire & housings installed by Matthew at Seattle Espresso Restore. He was great, just a 3 day wait.
He mentioned that I may want to turn the machine on & off less. Perhaps water got on the electrical parts from a wet cup put on the warming try, who knows. But a small repair bill & a nice latte to show for it I'm thrilled to have my baby back. Thanks for everyones help 8)