First visit to G&B Coffee in Los Angeles disappointing - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
BuckleyT (original poster)

#11: Post by BuckleyT (original poster) »

Marshall wrote:Kyle and Charles care a lot about customer feedback. I would encourage you to reach out where they might hear you. It should be mentioned that Charles won the U.S. Barista Championship yesterday (and Kyle is a previous winner). It's not like they don't know how to serve coffee.
Yes, well it was not either of the two. The BIQ (barista in question) replied "one of the owners won that" when I remarked about the very large tamper trophy sitting on a top shelf at the Grand Central Market location.

And I am only mentioning it here because the only feedback conduit available for the company is through facebook. In the original post, above, I explained why that would not work for me.

B

Maxwell Mooney

#12: Post by Maxwell Mooney »

Maybe give them another shot? Barista's response was certainly out of line, but running a coffee bar is a tough endeavor. They also get some of the most discerning and scrutinizing guests in the world. Hard to be perfect all the time. If they were slammed and had a giant line of drinks to get out, that may have explained the poor response from the barista. Kudos for letting him/her know about the problem with the shot though.

I've been to both of their coffee bars many times. I've never had a poor espresso. I'd definitely say it's worth giving them another chance.
"Coffee is evidence of Divine Grace, flavored coffee evidence of the Fall" -Kevin Hall

LMWDP #406