LIDO 2 O-ring

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
andersonle09

#1: Post by andersonle09 »

I just bought an O-ring to fit my lido 2 as shown in this forum page: LIDO 2 Mods

This is in order to lessen the retention and keep the grinds from spilling over the edge when you unscrew the glass grounds holding jar. I haven't received the o-ring yet, but I found the same ones at http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php? ... ts_id=4345
You can buy individually rather than the packs of 25, which makes it only $0.63 apiece.

Granted, there is $5.00 shipping, but that's a lot better than http://www.mcmaster.com/#4061t252/=vtu9pf where they also tack on $8 shipping for about $16 total.

I'll update you on the fit when I get it, but it is the same product so I expect it should fit just right.

Oakeshott

#2: Post by Oakeshott »

This looks great. Very interested in what you report back.

Advertisement
[creative nickname]

#3: Post by [creative nickname] »

For not much more, you can pick up the anti-static catch cup from OE. In addition to the static dissipation qualities that it offers, it is also a better fit. After I started using one, I ended up removing my O-ring because it was no longer necessary.

Of course if you prefer the glass catch cup for other reasons, such as aesthetics, then the o-ring is a worthwhile mod.
LMWDP #435

Jofari

#4: Post by Jofari »

Just noticed that OE is including an O-ring set with all future Lido 2's. It can also be bought separately: http://www.oehandgrinders.com/OE-LIDO-S ... _p_66.html

brianl

#5: Post by brianl »

If love to hear how the nylon holds. Even though my lido has stopped slipping or maybe I learned how to use it better

andersonle09 (original poster)

#6: Post by andersonle09 (original poster) »

I just got the o-ring. It fits perfectly and tighten's down with the jar very well.
It solves the problem with the grounds collecting on the top of it and makes it taking the jar off much less messy ordeal. The fit is tight, so it will not slide/fall out when the jar is unscrewed (which I was a bit concerned about).

I got my lido about a week and a half ago, darn! Just a bit too late to get the rings INCLUDED. :(

jbviau
Supporter ★

#7: Post by jbviau »

Got my OE washer set today. I haven't messed with the nylon ring yet, but the black o-ring is identical to the McMaster-Carr one I got from Rich (OldNuc) in Oct. These work well. My anti-static jar is not always as anti-static as I'd like, so I use the o-ring with it to keep things fairly tidy.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Advertisement
redkiosk

#8: Post by redkiosk »

Got my set today too. I decided to mess with the nylon ring and it works like a charm. Holds the rings tight, but much easier to loosen for grind changes. Thanks Barb and Doug for making a great grinder just a bit greater. Take care!

Jim