Pharos inner bolts all came tight

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
day

#1: Post by day »

Hi. My Pharos came today. I wont be able to work on it until sat due to some assignment due dates on Friday, but I first realized that the four inner bolts are all tight with no play by hand. Is this a normal alignment issue as caused by shipping (i had expected maybe just one)

Or is it more likely that the previous owner did something on purpose to tighten the four bolts?

Pharos 1112
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

OldNuc

#2: Post by OldNuc »

That is how they are supposed to be now, it is not broke, don't fix it. See YouTube OE video re: Pharos alignment and building.

day (original poster)

#3: Post by day (original poster) »

Will do, been looking at tech 4 and 5 but will take your advice, not mess with them and look at the videos closer. Thanks.

edit: i had actually seen it on the pharos 1,000 build but saw it before i understood it. Thanks!

Great irony, i recently got new burrs on my mdf. They suddenly broke in just recently (wow the break in is a very real thing...) and tonight was the first night i had perfectly timed my v60 pourover since new burrs...haha same day i got the pharos. What a waste of 50 bucks those burrs were;p
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

OldNuc

#4: Post by OldNuc »

The answer to your concern is shown starting at 9:33 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqEMnct_6LI Probably want to watch the entire process though.