Bravo Debut - hand grinder - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Carneiro

#31: Post by Carneiro »

I asked Gilberto for some pictures of the grinder and base disassembled. There are 2 SS pieces, as one can suspect from the first picture. That yellow/golden anodized aluminum part is just another part to fix the grinder that itself is just the darker aluminum anodized inner piece.

I think it should be hard to use it without some kind of support, but for sure some people could make their own, or fix the upper SS part to a countertop. I'm thinking about it already for my use :mrgreen:

GILBERTO (original poster)

#32: Post by GILBERTO (original poster) »

The grinder is independent of the base, this is just to give balance.
Certainly not give to use it without the base, but could you create your own base, and fixed it in Grinder points that exists for this purpose.

sprint jinx

#33: Post by sprint jinx »

Hey, I recognize that CAD interface as Solidworks, as I use it everyday.
It would be interesting to me to browse through the history tree on this file, just to see how you went about building the grinder from the beginning.
I wouldn't want to go into production on one of these, but it would be interesting to have just one made, just for me. I would probably tweak several things with the base, handle and lever length, but I would probably leave the internal grinding mechanism the same. That is, if it works well enough.

Nubster

#34: Post by Nubster »

I hate to ask...maybe it was addressed and I missed it, but what kinda price are we looking at?

#35: Post by GILBERTO (original poster) »

Updating.
The predictive value is $ 750.
The project ended up not moving forward, the company I was machining the parts not made ready my prototype.
I started work on a new machining company, but to know the company I opted to make two smaller projects, the MINI Bravo, Bravo and the Tamper.

It is expected that can have Bravo Debut ready for December.

The following pictures of Bravo Mini prototype and Tamper Bravo.

thanks

wsfarrell

#36: Post by wsfarrell »

Bravo!

#37: Post by GILBERTO (original poster) »

Just to add , the tamper is dinanometrico with two springs , the metallic ring above the base is continuously pressed on the filter to force the alignment from the beginning.