Mahlgut grinder (Kind of Pharos-ish) - Page 33

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
grog

#321: Post by grog »

Random update - I suddenly have much less static retention, despite changing nothing in my grinding routine. I have no idea why this would change (other than seasonal changes in humidity, but that's not what has happened here). Anyone else experienced this, somewhat akin to burr break-in?
LMWDP #514

theoleejunming

#322: Post by theoleejunming »

hi to people who have mahlgut grinder do you notice any fluctuating gap when turning the burr?

spressomon

#323: Post by spressomon »

^ not with mine.
No Espresso = Depresso

grog

#324: Post by grog »

Nor mine. I have had the grind setting move on me when grinding very light roasted beans. Wondering how to make the set screw more secure.
LMWDP #514

bobbee

#325: Post by bobbee »

wurf209 wrote:I think it's just finer setting. Now I'm trying to change the orientation of the top plate, to see if that affects anything. I think I'm seeing some changes but it's getting too late here for me to continue grinding.
Do you have an update? I didn't heard from you since the above post and was wondering if the problem is solved or not.

spressomon

#326: Post by spressomon »

I spy: A new counterweight crank handle from Mahlgut!

No Espresso = Depresso

yoshi005

#327: Post by yoshi005 »

Nice idea. I have contacted Mahlgut via fb and they stated that the counterweight had been tested by the producer of the video for bright roast but hadn't proven very effective. They hinted that they are working on a different solution (perhaps the motorized version).
LMWDP #453

spressomon

#328: Post by spressomon »

Yes, when Michael and crew finally (and hopefully) gets to calmer waters, so to speak, with the business, it would be nice to have the motor attachment if nothing more than for light roast beans :)
No Espresso = Depresso

grog

#329: Post by grog »

I grind light roast SO for espresso quite often with the Mahlgut. All you need is the Able2 anti slipmat and you're all set.
LMWDP #514

bobbee

#330: Post by bobbee replying to grog »

Could you show with a picture how you mounted the mahlgut to the stickmat? Ive been thinking about that option too but there isn't much area on the mahlgut to stick the mat to Isn't it? I mean, there isn't a base plate like with the hgone.