How to Fix Some Mypressi TWIST Gas Leaks - Page 4

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
spressomon

#31: Post by spressomon »

^ Simon: Do yourself a favor and send it back...and get an EspressoForge. This coming from someone who has considerable experience with nearly a dozen Mypressi TWIST units (and EspressoForge...)...including one TWIST v2 unit that blew its top (bayonet dog ears failed!) and left a divot in a friend's ceiling drywall!
No Espresso = Depresso

Kimiimacman

#32: Post by Kimiimacman »

Thank you spessomon. Part of me agrees with you but I have got so used to the Twist and use it at work daily too I was really hoping to have so extended time hence buying a back-up.

I have a pre-order down on the Forge but I have some reservations. on the plus side I expect it makes just as got a shot and the big one is there is nothing to go wrong bar 2 o-rings and a lifetime warranty. The latter assumes Andre keeps going to back-up the product.

I intend contacting the seller to see what he wants to do and if he'd allow me a to attempt a repair assuming it's only the o-ring. Anything more and I'm out of course. I'll try a dunking test tonight and hope there's a leak from the end cap.

Any advise from members is welcome. Thanks, Simon

Kimiimacman

#33: Post by Kimiimacman »

]Latest update.

After doing some searching I've managed to track down both the O-rings and some lube.

I'd giving this issue some considerable thought and wondered if there was an easier way to tackle it. I was hoping I could manage the repair without dismantling the Twist and without inflicting any damage.

Success! O-ring replaced in 10 mins flat with the use of a pair of jewellery pliers, a toothpick and some home made tools fashioned out of wood products.

The pliers were perfect for removing the circlip. There is a washer which cannot be removed but can be shifted around to expose the o ring. Then the toothpick was used to pull the o ring inward. I used the barbecue stick with a notch cut in it to hook out the o ring. After I had applied some of the lube around where the o ring sits and on the o ring itself I dropped the o ring down the opening and used the end of the barbecue stick and the forked end of the ice lolly stick to push the o ring through the washer. As soon as it's all through it springs open and locates itself into position. Lastly drop the circlip in and use the pliers to install. Job done and without taking anything apart. The only real risk here is damage to the part that enters the cartridge, hence no metal tools other than the pliers.