Expobar Brewtus steam joystick mod

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jeebsy

#1: Post by jeebsy »

Thinking about changing the steam tap on my Brewtus 4 for a joystick.

Easiest parts to use seems to be the Quick Mill Andreja Premium/Vetrano assemblies and use the Chris Coffee adaptor (https://www.chriscoffee.com/Joystick-As ... jt995g.htm and https://www.chriscoffee.com/Joystick-As ... 60k654.htm). There's two people on the Brewtus user group who successfully did this in 2013, but was wondering if there were any newer parts or updated methods for switching to a joystick control?

OttoMatic

#2: Post by OttoMatic »

I just did exactly what you are describing about a week ago on a Brewtus IV-R. The job was easy and quick with no problems. You'll need the adapters.

OttoMatic

#3: Post by OttoMatic »

I'll also say that these are bigger and beefier than the originals; I like they way they look. Also the steam wand will hid the drip tray screen if you want it to. It's not a big deal, and it's easy to keep out of the way, but it is definitely longer than the original. Overall a nice improvement for me.

jeebsy (original poster)

#4: Post by jeebsy (original poster) »

That looks tremendous! Nice pictures too. How are you liking it?

OttoMatic

#5: Post by OttoMatic »

Great. Fast and easy. I use my hot water more now, as I don't have to get burned by steam as I'm turning it off. I was never a fan of the look of the knobs on the Brewtus, so this is an improvement; still, I may turn some new handles for these as well, but that's just for me.

You get a full range of on/off, depending on how far you push the joystick. It'll say on if you push it all the way in any direction. Once I figured out how cheap and easy this was, I ordered the parts immediately.

Good luck!

jeebsy (original poster)

#6: Post by jeebsy (original poster) »

Expensive? Hell yeah. Worth it? Not sure. Cool? Hell yeah!

hagakund24

#7: Post by hagakund24 »

Hi,

Excuse my bad English. Thinking about changing to the joysticks just as on the pictures.
I'm not sure how to install. Is there someone who can help me with the description.
Thanks in advance.