Correlation of roast profile to flavor - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
endlesscycles

#11: Post by endlesscycles »

Bodka Coffee wrote:Yeah, something is wrong there. Not saying this is a perfect profile but try to make it look more like this-<image>
I don't care what roaster you are using, as long as airflow is about right, this is THE profile.
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC

fizguy (original poster)

#12: Post by fizguy (original poster) »

Other, more experienced behmor owners can correct me, but I think that kind of profile is impossible on a behmor. Or maybe I just think so because of the bad temperature readings.

endlesscycles

#13: Post by endlesscycles replying to fizguy »

Use less coffee.
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC

cimarronEric
Sponsor

#14: Post by cimarronEric »

endlesscycles wrote:I don't care what roaster you are using, as long as airflow is about right, this is THE profile.
High praise, indeed. I don't disagree, but doesn't the upturn in RoR before the drop counter your advocacy of the ever declining RoR?
Cimarron Coffee Roasters
www.cimarronroasters.com

fizguy (original poster)

#15: Post by fizguy (original poster) »

All of the good advice notwithstanding, my shot this morning is far better than the ones I described above, and the only difference was extending about 30s into second crack rather than stopping just short of it.

Edit - granted, most of the favors are coming from the roast, so this is not a permanent solution. But I will gladly accept it this morning!