First Buttered Coffee Shop Opening in Santa Monica

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Marshall

#1: Post by Marshall »

There has been a lot of talk lately about Bulletproof's buttered coffee. Some have called it (tongue in cheek) the "Fourth Wave." Now they are opening their first shop here. Their coffee is based on Tibetan yak butter tea, which I have had and found quite tasty. So, although I am skeptical about their health and diet claims, I think the coffee would be worth a try.

http://la.eater.com/2015/1/13/7539977/b ... nta-monica
Marshall
Los Angeles

truemagellen

#2: Post by truemagellen »

Surprisingly there is a place in Minnesota that has bulletproof coffee on the menu, I haven't tried it yet but they have been open for several months. They also have many Paleo menu choices.

I'll be in Santa Monica next month, hopefully they will be open so I can chuckle as I walk by. I think the bulletproof coffee guy is nuts, he has taken a home grown thing and is trying to turn it into a cash cow and he does so in such an unsavory way by making ridiculous health claims as well as trumping up the quality of his coffee over others. I refuse to buy his stuff and but I do make various bulletproof concoctions at home. One I really like is a cappuccino and blend in egg whites and a spoon of coconut oil. This is one of my protein shakes, I avoid whey proteins.

DavidMLewis

#3: Post by DavidMLewis »

I notice the build-out includes an area of bare dirt floor to allow for "Earthing." Please post a picture of you Earthing in the same suit you wear in your avatar pic. Also let us know if you begin to levitate or meet Gwyneth Paltrow in there.

Best,
David