Mythos One Clima Pro Grinder Presentation - Tamper Tantrum - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
caffeinezombie

#41: Post by caffeinezombie »

Would one be able to disable the heating portion? Am considering putting this into use as a low volume home grinder, and it would never heat up anyway, thus I would be able to keep it consistently at a low temperature which makes the heating kinda moot and a waste of power.

frank828

#42: Post by frank828 replying to caffeinezombie »

I think with the newer versions of these grinders, you can disable the heating. I havent tested it but I think by removing a plug connected to the outer burr holder, the heating element should be disabled. There is no other electronics on the outer burr carrier that i assume is the only part that is being heated(hopefully there is no heating element on the inner burr holder as well).

The early versions of the grinder i believe are hard wired into the inner case of the grinder and does not look to be as easy to disable.

Advertisement
TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#43: Post by TomC (original poster) »

In a similar vein, I posted about the Hong Kong Barista Champion using pre-heated coffee in a large flat burr grinder in his WBC semi-final's presentation here. There's certainly some merit to the discussion. If like David from Greenway mentioned, the Mythos One would be harder to control in a non-cafe environment, maybe anyone with a large flat can benefit from trying to replicate the pre-heating of the coffee like I did.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

jeebsy

#44: Post by jeebsy »

caffeinezombie wrote:Would one be able to disable the heating portion? Am considering putting this into use as a low volume home grinder, and it would never heat up anyway, thus I would be able to keep it consistently at a low temperature which makes the heating kinda moot and a waste of power.
Why not just buy a regular Mythos then?