Chemex Brewing Tips - Page 5

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
jaybar

#41: Post by jaybar »

I use the Chemex white squares. I use a six cup chemex (glass handle). I have found several brew guides helpful. George Howell. Also Intelligentsia as per their revised iPhone app and heart roasters. All three approaches are different and yield different results. Settling on the Breville SG has made life much easier. I only brew chemex. My coffee journey has been about coming to terms with What I can handle with vision and dexterity issues. Things that are effortless for folks here are difficult for me. I have tried and given up on hario and Kalita and Bonmac and Beehouse. I brew in the 650-800 range (brew water) for 2 large mugs in the morning. I beat water in an Al-Clad stainless kettle. I transfer to a Kalita Wave kettle for more control. I rinse with about 15 ounces of boiling water. I can't taste a difference between rinsed and unrinsed whites, but everyone advises to rinse. My disabilities and what comes difficult for me has led to lots of what some might consider stupid questions and some here have been super helpful and some less tolerant.

It has taken me a while to get to peace and acceptance in my coffee journey and really understand Wgat works for me. Thanks to all who have helped. Happy New Year.

Jay