Espresso Equipment Demo/Rental Program?

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
csepulv

#1: Post by csepulv »

Does anyone know if there are any demo or rental programs for coffee equipment?

I would love if a vendor would rent an espresso machine or grinder, for example, so I could sample different equipment. For example, I read about the differences of big flat vs conical grinders and their different taste profiles, but I have no idea whether they would really make a difference to me, in the cup.

While the information on this site is invaluable, it it all still somewhat abstract, in the absence of being able to actually taste the results for yourself.

I know the reputable vendors have very accommodating 30 day return policies, but I view these as ways to deal with buyer's remorse or a wrong purchase decision; it would seem abusive, to me at least, to use such policies to explore and experiment with equipment.

I'd happily pay such demos/rentals and would think it could be profitable for a vendor, even considering the logistics and maintenance costs such a program would involve.

I haven't been able to find discussion on such an idea; I expect it has been considered before.

So why doesn't it exist? Or if so, please point me to it. Or can we encourage this site's sponsors to create one? :D
Chris