Where is the Isomac TEA V3 thermostat?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
tarikisan

#1: Post by tarikisan »

Hi
I've just read that the reason the machine was violently blowing off steam is because the thermostat isn't working, and that I should simply unplug, unscrew and yank it out. Sounded great, the part is only a couple of bucks and I don't want to wait for repairs, but now I can't order it because it comes in 3 sizes, and I can't seem to find it on the old machine.

I found a pic of it at 1st-line, but don't see it on the schematic, nor on the machine.

They may have moved it for euro spec or something of that sort, or maybe the schematic has a different name for it, assuming the schematic is for my model anyway.

Source

These are pics I took, please let me know if I should zoom in somewhere to get a better look.

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

The Tea is a heat exchanger with a steam boiler; it should have a pressurestat, not a thermostat. How to adjust an espresso machine pressurestat offers some tips on finding photos of the various types. Click one of the links below:
You can also trace back from the heating element to the pressurestat.
Dan Kehn

tarikisan (original poster)

#3: Post by tarikisan (original poster) »

Thanks so much! I found replacement Mater XP110 available locally, will collect tomorrow and enjoy my first coffee in 4 days. :lol: