Expobar Brewtus 1 replacement parts: thermoprobe

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
kdkrone

#1: Post by kdkrone »

Does anyone know the part number for the Expobar Brewtus 1 thermoprobe? I thought I would purchase the part from Furneco in Canada, but I don't know the part. (any other place other than WLL?)

Thanks
Ken K

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

The one I have in my hand says AKO-13120 but I don't know if that's an original or a replacement. Note that once you get a replacement it will show the overshoot that the stock one hides. Actually, I have two of them and the other one says AKO-13120/01 I've no idea the difference, they were gifts from Brewtus owners who machines were fixed by putting in a new one or doing a PID upgrade. I do know it will arrive set for refrigeration so until you fix that you won't get any heat.

More searching turned these up in old emails:
The temperature probe supplied with the AKO-13120 temp controller is an NTC thermistor (AKO part AKO-14901 and has a temp range from -50C to 100C).

The part you need is an AKO-13120/01. Contact jdaigneault@furneco.com or go to their website http://www.furneco.com/
Ira

kdkrone (original poster)

#3: Post by kdkrone (original poster) »

Thanks for your response. I do have a new AKO-13120 at home that I purchased a few years ago when its predecessor died. I was wondering about the probe and whether there is a separate probe other than the 1/2-3/4 " black one with a small black cable. It sounds like I should use that little black cable and thermoprobe that come with the controller then? How does the probe stay fixed in the well?

ira
Team HB

#4: Post by ira »

I think you clean out the thermowell, maybe with a pipe cleaner, then put some heat sink compound in the tube and press the black piece as far into the thermowell as you can.

Ira

kdkrone (original poster)

#5: Post by kdkrone (original poster) »

That sounds reasonable. I have some thermal paste used for mounting CPUs to heat sinks. That should do the trick.

Thanks