My new Kaldi (Korean Drum Roaster) - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Javier

#11: Post by Javier »

cdneddy wrote:anymore details on who makes this roaster and how to get a hold of one?
+1 !!!!
LMWDP #115

sosha
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by sosha »

LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

day

#13: Post by day »

hmmm, is the drum magnetic? I should test sometime if a rotating drum passing over an induction cooktop would heat the area in range and stay on...if so that might allow for very precise home temperature control. Depends on if the drum is ferrous, how long the drum is and if the induction top will work that like. It should though I think, if the drum rolled close enough to the bottom anyway.

Either way that is def. something to look at if it can be modified for control.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

bgn

#14: Post by bgn »

This interests me. I've got a powerful Wolf gas stove that I'm currently using a behmor on top of it so that I can use the exhaust fan. A few questions, is it messy with the chaf, or does it collect the chaf somehow? What's it like to get the beans out on the counter to cool after the roast? Do you use oven mitts or something? And finally, has anyone learned a profile that others could copy to get started? I would love to have a gas roasting solution that could get a half pound roasted in the proper time.
Thanks. Barry.

teustice

#15: Post by teustice »

I've been using one of these for about a month now, with encouraging results. I'm using the yocto thermocouple to run the temps into artisan. I'll write up a review soon!