Heat exchanger overheats

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
sengcy

#1: Post by sengcy »

I owned a used heat exchanger for about 6 months. 3 weeks back, it suddenly stopped heating up. I traced the problem to a blown thermal fuse. After replacing the fuse, it was working fine. I did not put the cover back on until last weekend. With the cover back on, the fuse has blown again. Fortunately, I bought a few spares. Once again, the machine is working fine without the cover. Somehow, the machine is trapping a lot of heat.

Some additional info:
1) Machine - Isomac. I'm not sure which model, since I'm not the original owner. Guessing from photos on the Internet, my guess is it is a Rituale, but I don't think the exact model matters here.
2) Prior to this incident, I had replaced the pressure stat (sticky pressure stat issue). The pressure range between 0.9 to 1.1. I think this is a reasonable range.

I'm thinking that the water level in the boiler may be too low. Perhaps the level probe needs a little adjustment. If this is the case, I'm not sure why it worked for the past few months. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

The obvious first question is what thermal fuse (rating and or color is the fuse) and how is it mounted?
Dave Stephens

sengcy (original poster)

#3: Post by sengcy (original poster) »

Hi Dave,

The rating is 167C. I mounted it as shown in the picture. Thanks.

Mike_

#4: Post by Mike_ »

Do you have a boiler pressure gauge and if so what is it reading? If not, have you tried adjusting the pressurestat?