Yet another metal AeroPress filter (Kickstarter) - Page 3

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Bob_McBob

#21: Post by Bob_McBob »

I'm starting to wish I backed this Kickstarter now.
Chris

coffeemods

#22: Post by coffeemods »

Hey Bob_McBob,
They will be for sale on the website this month. So you will have a chance very soon.
-Juan
Juan
KoHi Labs

Advertisement
jesse

#23: Post by jesse »

Can't wait to pick one of these up.

Riceman42

#24: Post by Riceman42 »

In regards to the new Kohi Labs filter, I have experienced absolutely no sediment on the palate, nor did I see any in the bottom of the cup. This is the first time I have personally experienced this with a metal filter on the AeroPress. Bravo.

The honey-processed Panama Gesha I brewed this morning has a very smooth and creamy mouthful; sweetens up a bit as it cools. I noticed that the yield partially lacked some of the clarity and brightness that I have tasted many times via paper filtration. I'm speculating that the Kohi filter may allow additional surface oils into the cup, thus rounding off the sharpness of the coffee notes. I will proceed to adjust variables.

As previously mentioned by SpromoSapians, I too have experienced much more control over the plunge time in comparison to papers. This morning I ground my coffee pretty fine yet I experienced very little resistance on the plunge. Also, Juan's technique of pulling the plunger back 1/4" following the brew makes the process of removing the filter and discarding the puck a lot easier. Before I knew this tip, the process of removing the filter/puck was a bit annoying. Thanks Juan!

jesse

#25: Post by jesse »

The filters are now available for purchase on their website.

However, at the moment, in the "billing details" section, under "country", there is no option for United States. I tried to just choose UK and note the discrepancy in the "notes" field, but it identified my billing address as invalid.

Emailed them about it.

UPDATE: Issue fixed.