Bezzera Strega switchable tank/direct connect or tank only

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
frenz610

#1: Post by frenz610 »

There is a $200 difference between the Bezzera Strega "switchable tank / direct connect, vibration pump" and the "tank, vibration pump". Aside from the direct connect feature, are there other differences? Can the "tank, vibration pump" version be modified using the guides in this forum such as "Vacuum Relief Valve Drain Line Modification" and "Rotary Dimmer Switch Mod for the Vibe Pump"? Can it be modified easily to plumbed and within (or close) to $200 in parts? What's your recommendation/advice? I am not sure if I would/should plumbed it.

Thanks,
Clark

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

frenz610 wrote:Aside from the direct connect feature, are there other differences? Can the "tank, vibration pump" version be modified using the guides in this forum such as "Vacuum Relief Valve Drain Line Modification" and "Rotary Dimmer Switch Mod for the Vibe Pump"? Can it be modified easily to plumbed and within (or close) to $200 in parts? .
I came up with both of those mods before the switchable TOP model was even available & I'd say that the tank model could be plumbed in for much less then $200.
LMWDP 267

frenz610 (original poster)

#3: Post by frenz610 (original poster) »

Great! I'll buy the cheaper tank only model and will plan to do the mods after few months of use. Thanks John!

LDT

#4: Post by LDT »

John can you direct me to information on how to do the dimmer switch mod on the vibe pump? Thanks

TomC
Team HB

#5: Post by TomC »

Step by step with photos.

The Super Strega: Modifying preinfusion pressures and other functional improvements

Gratitude goes to John who walked me thru it. I put it in pictures so visual learners like myself could make sense of it.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/