Issue with brewing lever E61 machine

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Chris2014

#1: Post by Chris2014 »

hi,

I was reading this forum for the last few months i found a lot of useful information here. Now i'm looking for some help with my new espresso machine.
After two weeks of using i did notice that my brewing lever falling back down few seconds after brewing has started. Wondering if somebody else had this issue and if there is a quick fix for this issue.

I did also notice that i can slide the lever arm shaft to the left and right easily as you can see on the following video.
Is this a normal behavior for an E61 machine ?

thank you in advance for any information or advice !

Chris.

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

You will notice that the lever might move outward under the force of brewing. My Vibiemme can be manually mnoved like you show, but only about 1-2mm. How far does the lever move down? A slight amount does or can happen, but if the volume of brew water does not change then it is likely nothing to worry about. Other Rocket owners will have better data to which you can compare.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Chris2014 (original poster)

#3: Post by Chris2014 (original poster) »

thank you for your reply Randy.
the lever moving all the way down and the brewing process is stopping. i have to hold the lever if i want to finish the extraction....
is there any other Rocket owner with this issue ?

thanks

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

If the lever moves that far on its own, contact the seller. There is a problem with that group. Maybe something keeping the lever from moving all the way to the brew position, maybe a missing spring on a valve or a wrong spring used on one valve, or a missing spring in the lever assembly, etc.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Danielle

#5: Post by Danielle »

Hi Chris,

I was just wondering what ended up happening with your machine? - I've just bought a Rocket Giotto and I am having the same problem that you had.

Thanks in advance!

Danielle