Olympia Cremina pre-1982: Best solution for unavailable parts

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
jkimpossible

#1: Post by jkimpossible »

Hi All,

The list of the no-longer-available(NLA) parts from Olympia factory for older Cremina is long. What are the best solution/substitute for these parts? I need square feet for my 1980 model. Would the feet from the current model fit on the pre-1982 model? Doug(Orphanespresso) listed the following items as NLA for pre-1982 models and it would be very useful if HB members share their own experience for the best solution. Here is the list:

==============================================================
Pre 1982 power switch,
group dispersion screen,
heating element,
pstat,
steam faucet body,
3 hole steam wand,
drip tray -------> (new one is slightly different),
square machine feet,
knob insert,
blue line sight glass tube -------> (red line sight glass tube is available from dealers)
=============================================================

Here is a photo for two broken feet from the front side of the machine. One of them could be repaired but the other one is missing the rubber bottom piece and most of the plastic case has been crushed in small pieces. It's a courtesy of USPS at no additional charge(with a big help from the shipper).

Regards,
JKIMPOSSIBLE
LMWDP #444

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

Good idea, good post.
-----
LMWDP #339

jkimpossible (original poster)

#3: Post by jkimpossible (original poster) »

Pre-1982 Switch: Here is Doug's (Orphanespresso) comment about alternative solution for the older power switch in one of his articles for Cremina.

".....The old style long switch cannot be gotten for love nor money but can be replaced with a plastic bodied switch (after enlarging the mounting hole with a file....not an ideal solution but a workable one....."

JKIMPOSSIBLE
LMWDP #444

jkimpossible (original poster)

#4: Post by jkimpossible (original poster) »

Hi All,

I received this from the Olympia Express Factory yesterday(Dec-2nd-2014).

An excerpt:

......also we have no production documents like drawings etc., so it will be very expensive rebuilding some special parts. but for substantial numbers it will make sense to produce some spares again, as we did with the mainswitch for Cremina (Johnny Cerini has it in stock). ......

It suggests that mainswitch for older C67 model is available in stock from Cerini. Maybe this is an old news but I still think it is a useful information.
JKIMPOSSIBLE
LMWDP #444

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by JohnB. »

There are no switches listed in the Olympia section of Cerini's website but you could ask.
LMWDP 267