If you had your choice of vintage levers... - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
pootoogoo

#11: Post by pootoogoo »

A very rare American Espress machine, apparently.

TomC
Team HB

#12: Post by TomC replying to pootoogoo »

Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

pootoogoo

#13: Post by pootoogoo »

This really fits the description "if money and availability were not concerns"... :wink:

[creative nickname]

#14: Post by [creative nickname] »

I'm probably a weirdo, but while I love to look at some of those giant vintage machines, they all seem like too much to have in one's kitchen. The 1959 Caferina I just bought from Dana ticks off one of my dreams, which was getting a very early Pavoni-style manual lever. But as far as the larger, commercial-sized groups go, the one I always lust after is the Faema Veloxtermo. I love its utilitarian looks, its simple but unique design, and its efficient use of space.
LMWDP #435

drgary
Team HB

#15: Post by drgary »

Paul Pratt has seen a lot of these. In a related thread he liked the Faema Mercurio and Urania 1st series and the Faema Marte.

What's your dream espresso machine?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

grog

#16: Post by grog »

Yeah, the Faema Velox is just so sweet. Would love to have one of those plumbed in on the kitchen wall for my daily driver.
LMWDP #514

yakster
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by yakster »

I agree with Mark regarding the size of some of these lovelies, too much for my kitchen. I compromised and got the vintage style in a smaller package with the Faema Faemina.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

drgary
Team HB

#18: Post by drgary »

As someone with the large and small ones, my commercial lever makes better coffee and it also has commercial steaming power. If you have a small counter of course a home lever is fine, and one of my all-time favorites is a VAM or Caravel. With all the lever restorations Doug used to do at Orphan Espresso, he preferred the Faema commercial levers and once wrote: "I'm a Faema man." I've had shots out of cafebmw's 1950s commercial Gaggia with the offset lever and they're equal to my Conti commercial lever.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

cuppajoe

#19: Post by cuppajoe »

If I had something like the AE on my counter I'd never leave the kitchen. The Faemina is almost there, by a long shot. Now one of those La San Marco home levers Francesco has...

Also like those railroad units(Velox).
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

doubleOsoul

#20: Post by doubleOsoul »

grog wrote:Yeah, the Faema Velox is just so sweet. Would love to have one of those plumbed in on the kitchen wall for my daily driver.
+1