La Pavoni PUB AT restoration resources?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
zazenmaster

#1: Post by zazenmaster »

Hi gentlefolk;

I recently purchased a second-hand La Pavoni PUB AT (60 odd pounds of superautomatic goodness) as my winter project. Unfortunately the manual I've found online (http://www.coffeemachinemanual.com/la-pavoni-pub-at) doesn't seem to match the actual machine (or at least, it doesn't address any of the superautomatic-specific functionality).

Does anyone know where I can download the user manual or better yet the service manual for this machine?

Thanks!

Robb

Chad C.

#2: Post by Chad C. »

My god, it's amazing to see one of these still exists. I worked for the exclusive importer of La Pavoni commercial machines some years back, and I disassembled dozens of these machines as part of scavenging for non-proprietary parts. The company I worked for no longer exists.

They are terrible, and the company I worked for bought back many of them because of this. If you're truly intent to restore it, don't let me steal your spirit, but you won't like it on its best day, and they gunk up with coffee, milk, and strange filth quickly. They often smell bad. They do not work consistently at all. Trust me on this...

Either enjoy it as an anomaly that should not have been, or KILL IT WITH FIRE!

zazenmaster (original poster)

#3: Post by zazenmaster (original poster) »

Thanks Chad for an honest appraisal of my folly. :wink:

Rather than kill it with fire, I'll be killing it with wrenches. It may yet provide some educational value if nothing else.