HUKY 500 Q and A - Page 11

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Dallas

#101: Post by Dallas »

I've been roasting for a couple of years on a Freshroast 500 and I am thinking about upgrading to Huky. I would like to get more serious about roasting and possibly start selling coffee online. Unfortunately, the weekends are really the only time I can roast so I am wondering how the Huky does with extended roasting sessions. Is it ok to do back to back roasts for several hours at a time?

johnny4lsu

#102: Post by johnny4lsu »

the Huky can roast as long as you want to sit there and roast with it. Back to back to back to back to back and on and on and on.

Advertisement
DreamRoaster

#103: Post by DreamRoaster »

Huky even roasts back to back in -10c outside. At this freezing temp, I can't charge the full lb but easily handles 350g without tipping the beans.

Dallas

#104: Post by Dallas »

johnny4lsu wrote:the Huky can roast as long as you want to sit there and roast with it. Back to back to back to back to back and on and on and on.
DreamRoaster wrote:Huky even roasts back to back in -10c outside. At this freezing temp, I can't charge the full lb but easily handles 350g without tipping the beans.

Thanks for the help guys!

I'm about 99% sure I know the answer, but just to be positive, the Huky is more than capable of producing a quality roast that I can sell, correct? Clearly, there will be a learning curve and it will take awhile to learn but outside of my own abilities the Huky is pretty top notch?

johnny4lsu

#105: Post by johnny4lsu »

Without a doubt.. Yes you will have a learning curve...Enjoy your Huky :)